Real Istanbul Walking Tour - Small Group
Get an in-depth look into what Istanbul is really about. We have designed this unique Istanbul walking tour to introduce our guests to the real Istanbul. An alternative tour to see different side of Istanbul, secret of Istanbul
Tour Style: Walking tour of Istanbul, off the beaten path Istanbul tour, daily Istanbul tours, small group tour of Istanbul, Secret of Istanbul tour
Appeal To: To all people who would like to see Real Istanbul, like to explore the city on walking tours, photographers, off the beaten path lovers. The people who would like to see Old greek and Jewish district in Istanbul, Fener, and Balat tour.
Duration: Tour starts at 9 am and end 4.15pm
What is included:
*Professional tour guiding in English
*Experience of Shisha ( hookah )
*Tea, Coffee, and Borek ( Turkish pastry )
*Sampling Turkish Delights
*Public transportation ( bus and ferry )
What is not included:
*Gratuities to the tour guide
*Full day off-the-beaten-path Istanbul walking tour.
*Feel Istanbul just like a local on a walking tour of Istanbul with using ferry and bus like locals.
*Visit some top attractions in Istanbul like The Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Corlulu Ali Pasha Madrasah, Suleymaniye Mosque, Spice Bazaar
*Visit St. George Church ( Ecumenical Patriarchate Church ) in Fener district near the Golden Horn
*Hear the history of Greeks and Jewish people in Istanbul in Fener and Balat district
* Our tour begins at the ancient Hippodrome where thousands of spectators were entertained and kept happy by the chariot races.
* The historic Sultanahmet Mosque or now known as the Blue Mosque due to its magnificent interior filled with blue Iznik tiles is next in our journey.
* Following the mosque, we will navigate through the labyrinth of streets and passages that are home to more than 3000 shops known as the Grand Bazaar. Make sure you have practiced your bartering skills!
* After looking Grand Bazaar, we will have a rest and you will get to experience traditional Turkish tea or coffee and a popular Turkish pastry called “borek” all while enjoying the ancient practice of hookah at a favorite local hangout.
* We will then make our way to one of Istanbul’s oldest markets- the Old Book Bazaar Sahaflar Çarşısı; located on the site of the Byzantine Empire’s book and paper market. We continue the academic theme with a tour of the campus of Istanbul University.
* Our next stop in our journey is Istanbul’s largest mosque- Suleymaniye Mosque; an Ottoman Imperial mosque located on the Third Hill of Istanbul. This mosque is breath-taking due to the size of it and not to mention it’s interior beauty.
* Get ready for your senses to be enticed during our visit to the Spice Bazaar. Upon entering the bazaar, immediately you feel the electricity in the air. Your senses will be filled with bright colors and powerful aromas of the exotic spices that will surround you.
* Istanbul is a city that has a rich religious history and now is composed of many different religions. Our next stop will be the Church of St. George. Since the 1600s, this church has been the location of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and is recognized as the spiritual leader of the Eastern Orthodox Religion.
* Our day concludes with an old world cultural experience like no other city has to offer! Our tour of the Old Greek and Jewish District (Fener- Balat) will make you feel as if you have stepped back in time. The neighborhood is full of historic wooden mansions, churches, and synagogues that date back to the Byzantine and Ottoman periods.
We have personally designed this tour for our guests to really get into the crevices of our great city. Your day will be filled with abundant information, fascinating stories, and experiences that you could not have with any other tour guide company!
Istanbul Walking Tours, Istanbul walking tour, walking tour Istanbul, off the beaten path Istanbul, off the beaten track Istanbul, walking tours Istanbul, Istanbul daily tours, daily Istanbul Tours, Istanbul layover tours, Istanbul day tours, Istanbul city tours